NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, March 6, 2009

Week 31

This week, baby measures over 16 inches long, weighs about 3.3 pounds, and is heading into a growth spurt. Baby can turn its head from side to side, and its arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin. Baby is moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Things are beginning to get tight in there, and heartburn and indigestion are common. You may have developed the pregnant "waddle"—that happens because pregnancy softens the ligaments in your pelvis, allowing your hips to spread to make room for the baby. Don't worry, you won't walk like a duck forever!

Baby is very active, so we can only assume that space is getting tight. It isn't the activity that's keeping me from sleeping through the night, it's the fact that I get uncomfortable sleeping on one side or the other. I'm a belly sleeper and I really miss that position! Fortunately, I haven't had to cope with heartburn or indigestion. I have noticed that my scrunched stomach can't take as much food at a time as before. Oh well. At least work provides (usually) fresh fruit. This week's grapes were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment