NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, March 23, 2009

Stuff for Baby Coady

We finally did it! We started our baby registry at Babies R' Us (Registry #: 92510166). Checking your regisrty online can be funny. There are quite a few Coadys and there's another Melissa Coady (in NJ) whose co-registrant is named Dan (O'Brien). A cute little coincidence. No worries, they were due in February 2008.

We've been quite fortunate to receive many gently used baby items thanks to the generosity of our friends and their desire to get this stuff out of their homes! Some of the hand-me-downs include a crib (from Nicole and Jeff Chu, for which we temporarily traded a toddler bed from the Veceres), a bassinet (from Mike Kolendo and Cindy Stein), a bouncy seat and swingy seat (again from Mike and Cindy), two Boppy pillows (from Carrie and Mark Hawkins), a breast pump (also from the Hawkinses), a diaper pail (from the Chus), bottles, cloth diapers, sleepsacks, blankets...the list actually goes on and on. I just don't have the recall capacity to list everything and everyone.


Somewhat needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, we struggled a bit to generate a registry of useful items. We managed and will go back for round 2 after some more research and after we (ok, I) recover from being in the store for somewhere between 2 and 3 hours. I think the major part of the battle was not getting completely sucked in by all the incredibly adorable stuff. But really, how can anything that small not be adorable?! I think we did an ok job fighting the total sucker bait, though I know I fell for a few things (such as the Classic Pooh hooded towel set...).

I'm sure Dan will keep me on the straight and narrow during our next visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment