NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The 24-hour Bug

Though Dan and I feel much better now, we had a rough couple of days with a "24-hour" bug. The good news is that it was like a thunderstorm (high intensity, short duration) and my symptoms didn't raise any red flags for the doctor. Those would include not being able to keep any fluids down for 48 or more hours and/or a prolonged spiked temperature. The worst of it was the added physical strain of vomiting (sorry, there's no sugar-coating that part) on my already stretched abdominal muscles. Like I said, I'm feeling much better now.

This all started around midnight on Monday (for Dan) and noon on Tuesday (for me). I was able to leave work before it hit me and even make a quick stop at the supermarket for some necessities (e.g. ginger ale, chicken noodle soup, disinfecting wipes). We're fortunate that it was staggered. By Wednesday we were both out of the "bug" stage and into recovery. Recovery can be defined as sleeping as much as possible throughout the day and night.

Through all this, the baby remained very active. The cute little movements are becoming more jab-like, but still not painful. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment